Skip to main content
Keep your family and your home Safe this Thanksgiving season
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently. Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off thecounter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.