North County Fire Protection District is governed by a five-member Board of Directors elected for staggered four-year terms, with each director being elected from a specific geographic area of NCFPD's service area. Director division boundaries may be viewed via this interactive map.
Our Board is comprised of a President, Vice President, and three Board Members. The Board's duties are legislative with it being responsible for:
- Formulation and adoption of policy for District administration and operation;
- Conducting District business for the public benefit;
- Taking legal action when required by law;
- Reviewing and approving a budget annually; and
- Representing the District at public hearings.
North County Fire Directors serve staggered four-year terms, with elections occurring in the even years.
For more information see:
Each Director receives per-meeting compensation in the amount of $100.00 for each meeting attended, not to exceed four meetings in any calendar month. Directors are not paid any other benefits, are not included in the District CalPERS retirement plan and do not receive post-retirement benefits.
North County Fire reports total compensation for its Directors to the State of California on a yearly basis. You may see our Director's compensation information by accessing the Controller's site here.